DecoLiner by Randy Grubb

Saturday, March 3, 2012

I felt like an over excited four year old when the DecoLiner arrived on the scene. We were setting up for the vintage trailer show in Palm Springs during Modernism Week last week. We had already set up Betty Jane, my Airstream Bambi II, were popping up my vendor tent when it rolled onto the lot.
I was giddy and couldn't stop saying, "I hope they park next to me, I hope they park next to me"... I just wanted to be NEAR that thing!
The Deco Liner in person!

I had friends post images of the DecoLiner on my Facebook page months prior and had browsed the Blastolene website for progress now and again,
but here it was in person and... it was parking next to me!!!



Before they could even get out of this incredible creation, there was a swarm of people around taking photos (ah-hem, guilty!).  It looked like a piece of jewelry on wheels. I couldn't get enough of it!





Randy and Jeannet Grubb are some of the nicest, most down to earth people you can meet. Randy built this baby by hand and is humble as they come. He's proud of it and he should be, it's an amazing work of art.
He built it on 1973 GMC motorhome chassis, and it took him 18 months to complete. (See his interview in the link at the end of the post).


Randy & Jeannet having lunch

kitchen interior

such sexy curves

At the end of the show they asked if I'd like to go up top. 
I felt like a four year old again, yesssssss!

view from the top

you can actually steer from above!
My dream came true! Now if I could convince them to let me drive it...
The DecoLiner is for rent for special events and productions and it is also for sale. I hope they keep it. I'd have a hard time letting go of it if it was mine.

For more information on the Deco Liner, here are some links:
Interview with Randy on You Tube
Decoliner Facebook Page
Photos of the interior & other projects
Randy Grubb's bio. page

Much more to report on Modernism Week & Betty Jane, but I just had to report on the DecoLiner first!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...




WOW!!!!!